Old September 8th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Default Stan Hall passed away this morning - SSA Hall of Fame member

Well rats, such a tremendous loss

I once called Stan mainly just to tell him that another one the
Cherokee's were back in the air. This was right after I bought 373Y.
Now I'm very glad that I did so.

I don't know if Stan has been in ailing health lately or not, but I am
wondering if he was well enough to make it out to the ESA Workshop in
Tehachapi last weekend? I hope so, as Dean Gradwell was supposed to be
there with his absolutely pristine Cherokee II which won the best
restoration award at IVSM 2009 in Elmira. I think Stan would've been
very proud to see that beautiful bird.

Not too many of us left out there flying Cherokee's, guess we'll just
have to keep it up.

Godspeed, and Tailwinds,

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y