Old January 12th 05, 11:16 PM
jimk

"Roy Bourgeois" wrote in message

The same occurs on a boat. On deck seasickness it is rarely a problem -
but below deck (where there is no visual movement) watch out!

What works for me in that case (when I have to spend time below - like to
sleep / repair sails...) is to try and visualize the motion in my mind and
match it with what my inner ear is telling me. Not sure how to apply the
same method in a glider though.

For the pilot prone to airsickness this means at all times he should work
to keep his/her head still (to reduce inner ear movement) and keep eyes

out
of the glider. Watching the instruments, looking at at the floor or a map
will bring on the nausea quickly.

You got it...

Jim