Old February 8th 05, 03:28 PM
Roy Smith

Dave Butler wrote:
I think you didn't get the information in CRAFT order because you
were not being issued a clearance, just a VFR squawk.

Actually, he did get it in CRAFT order. On any given transmission,
any or all of the elements are optional, but the ones that are given
will be in the right order. In this case, the only one included was
the T, and it was in the right order :-)

If you listen closely, you'll notice the pattern on every controller
transmission, even for trivial things:

"left on charlie, ground point eight" (route, frequency)

"cleared for takeoff, fly runway heading" (clearance limit, route)

"make a left downwind for 34, contact tower 118.57" (route, frequency)

The one exception I can think of is "Squawk VFR, frequency change
approved".