Old March 25th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Practice IMC in real IMC

kgruber wrote:

I've taken IFR 135 check rides from the FAA here in the NW. We used to do
the complete stall series and unusual attitudes IMC. This was in a BE200. It
used to be that the FAA had pilots working there. Now they're just a bunch
of paper pushers.

Wow, Matt Barrow, sic 'em. :-)

Yes, I think failing to practice things (and test them) in as real an
environment as safely possible is a mistake. Now, I'm not talking Vmc
demonstrations in a light twin at lift-off, but practicing stalls and
steep turns in IMC, with an instructor, at a safe altitude is hardly
reckless aviating.

Matt