Old January 7th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default hydraulic brake actuation

Um, why didn't you just replace the Bowden cable with something
more appropriate ??
See ya, Dave- Hide quoted text -

Such as?
I've been playing with this a bit too. I built a new cable using
motorcycle brake cable, (BTW, cable, and end fittings can be found at
Flanders web site, very reasonable) which is considerably stouter than
anything found on a bicycle. I'm still stuck with the very limited
cable movement (about 1/2"). The original lever very nearly hits the
instrument panel, so extending it isn't an option. I could set up the
master cylinder actuator to deliver more stroke than the cable
movement, but I need to test that to see if I can generate enough
pressure. I'm MOST inclined to follow Mark's advice and set it up on
the spoiler handle, but only after I've wasted several weeks trying to
make the joystick lever work!