Old September 2nd 17, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

Default Soaring and sailing: anyone successfully divide their timebetween the two, or better pursued as different life phases?

I could not imagine life without either of these two life-enriching activities. Sailing was easier to access, so that came first for me. But the sky is home. In Houston the best sailing season is the weakest soaring time. So it works nicely. iItturns out that many more friends will join me for sailing in my Catalina 32' than in my Duo, but that's fine. Taking guests up for a cross country flight is problematic. On a boat when off-shore won't work, there always is wine

So in this devestating floodi, I dream of both, but sailing is more likely what I will do first. Either way, I still can't believe anyone should choose. It would be like choosing between my two children. I guess it's problem some guys have. I will always make both work.
Val