Old July 15th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 14, 8:54*am, Sam Spade wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Jul 13, 9:03 am, Sam Spade wrote:

wrote:

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. *The COM failure
can be found athttp://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found at
http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83893#83893

What's this have to do with IFR Flying?

In this case, NORDO situations. *Still need to be cleared to land even
if 7600 :-) after breaking out of the clag.

What if it's 200 and 1/2?

Should have thought about an alternate long before then however it
could happen on lift off.....declare an emergency.

Need a clearance to land without an emergency.