Old July 12th 17, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default PowerFlarm “Own Transponder Detection" Rate

I don't think that's my problem, John. When I had a Mode S transponder I still got false PCAS alerts, even with the Mode S code being identical (as in, copied and pasted from the FAA site into the PF config, and then cross-checked with what the Trig 21 displayed). A Mode C transponder doesn't output the Mode S code, so the code doesn't help the PowerFlarm identifying my transponder signal. The Mode S code for my new glider that is in my PF config file is transmitted by the Flarm so my glider can be IDed by other Flarm users who loaded FlarmNet.

-John, Q3

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 12:58:05 PM UTC-4, John Cochrane wrote:
I had this problem. It means that your powerflarm configuration file is not properly set with your own transponder code. If properly set, it always ignores your own transponder.