Old February 5th 04, 09:54 PM
Mr Smith

I contacted the seller, he states the aircraft is not
airworthy at this time and he's not the actual owner,
just brokering the sale. It would need to be "gone
over" before it can fly.

He also stated it has not been de-mil'd. Were F-18A's
in the Blue Angel's mission capable (outside their PR
role) ? I can't see how it would be legal to sell an
untouched, strike capable aircraft.

One would presume export control laws would apply if
a buyer in say, Iran, wanted to bid on it.

The Buy-It-Now price does seem rather low.

It might reflect a "I-need-to-get-rid-of-this-because
I-can't-insure-it" dilemma the owner has.

All the Hornet drivers here, if I'm a Citation X pilot
with 4500+ hrs, how difficult is landing a Hornet ?
I imagine the ONLY place one can acquire training on
them is in the Navy (Marines included).

"Greasy Rider" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:47:56 -0500, Bob McKellar
arranged phosphur particles on my screen with the following:

161973 was Blue Angels aircraft. Offered for public sale by Air Capitol
Warbirds as of Feb 2002

This is the search site ( very handy for issues like this!):
http://users.rcn.com/jeremy.k/serialSearch.html

Bob McKellar

Now that the issue has been settled I guess I'll put in my bid. seg