Old December 17th 04, 08:02 PM
PJ Hunt

Thomas,

Well, mine are in their 7th year and going strong.

I'm happy for you. However you don't offer any comparison to the type of use
and abuse that your headsets must withstand in reference to what I posted
about the headsets I use. I have a cheap pair of 69 dollar Sigtronics that
I got in the early 90's that still look and work like new. That's because
there in a closet never being used.

My point was specifically about how abused headsets get in a 'professional'
environment and I've been thru and seen many used by other operators, and
the DC consistently out perform the others for durability.

As I posted originally, if you or your passengers don't subject your
headsets to that kind of abuse, then you would probably be very happy with
some other brand.

Did the owner ask Lightspeed about repairs? Did they charge him? Didn't

think
so.

You thought wrong. The owner(s) did contact Lightspeed and were told they
were not under warranty and the cost to repair them was well into the price
of new headsets. As a matter of fact when I made reference to my
girlfriends set, (of headsets) I realized I was mistaken. They were not two
years old, but only one year. She received them as a Christmas gift and they
were broken by October. They spent the majority of their time in her flight
bag.

I like the Lightspeeds for comfort and audio quality, but as I said, my
experience has been they don't use the best materials in the manufacturing
process.

As for the Boise, they're much better made and with better quality materials
then the Lightspeed, but the darn mic keeps getting sloppy on so many
models.

I realize that I fly many more hours a year than most people, and because of
this and the type of environments I fly in and out of, me and my customers
are much harder on headsets than most people, but I just don't have any of
these issues with the Dave Clarks.

PJ

Here's to the duck who swam a lake and never lost a feather,
May sometime another year, we all be back together.
JJW