Old April 10th 04, 02:21 AM
old_codger

Default Realflight G2

Can anyone here talk to me abut the Realflight G2 flight sim. First, I need
a review as to it's
realism as it applies to flight charactaristics of heli's (and planks) but
mostly heli's.
I googled it and only came up with 2 reviews. One was negative and one was
on the Reflight
web page (biased proably). Personally, I really like the sim, but is it
realistic to an actual RC copter?

Also, the interface has 3 switches and a knob. I'm a bit confused about
these.
1. The knob. Blade pitch? I see no real change when this is turned.

2. Throttle hold toggle switch. Doesn't hold throttle. Actually cuts it so
if I am in a hover and hit this switch
I come down fast. Returning switch to original position returne me to hover
power.

3. Dual rate switch. I think I have this one figure out.

4. Most confusing switch to me.. The G2 manual lists it as Idle up but I
seem to feel that it is a flight mode switch.
What is this for? It's a 3 position toggle switch amd I can't figure out
what it does.
The only efect I get from this switch is when I am in an inverted over of
inverted flight.
If the switch is in the top or bottom position, the engine quits (or maybe
just the main rotor stops) after a few seconds.
In the center position and while inverted everything keeps spinning ang I
can remain inverted as long as I like

Help me out here??
Many thanks,
OC