Old June 21st 04, 05:57 PM
Greg Copeland

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:33:01 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:43:41 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't

crash
your browser to boot.

Download speeds could be adressed (or often helped) if they started using
bit torrent.

Did you read what I said?

The AVSIM website ITSELF is what takes forever to load (and that's if it
doesn't crash your browser).

LOL. Yes, I did. I'm really not sure why you're asking. I'm fairly
surprised to see you commenting in what appears to be a hostile manner.
Should I have given you a link to address your browser crashing as well?
How about http://www.mozilla.org? Your statement of "takes forever to
load" can mean so many things. You did not state specifically what the
nature of the problem was, so I made an obvious and logical assumption.
One obvious problem is often associated with bandwidth. More bandwidth
generally means faster loads. If bandwitdh is not the problem and you're
still having load time issues, try another brower. Of course, if it's a
bandwidth problem on your end, well, nothing short of a fatter pipe or
extra compression is going to fix that. Hopefully, both sites are already
using compression for their content, at the http stream level.

Regardless, the point of using BT, still stands. It would certainly be
good for the community and provide for more bandwidth for http page
requests to boot.

Cheers!