Old December 4th 05, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default WARNING! DO NOT POST SANTA'S CHECKRIDE!

John T wrote in :

Don't. If I have to read this hoary old chestnut again, I'll kick yer
butt!!!

You have been warned!!!

Santa's Checkride with the FAA

One day Santa was surprised to find an FAA inspector showing up on his
doorstep who insisted on giving Santa a checkride in his sleigh. Santa
protested that he wasn't flying an airplane and wasn't governed by any of
the FARs but the FAA inspector insisted he wouldn't be allowed to cross
into
US airspace without an approved checkride.

So Santa relented, strapped in his reindeer and prepared the sleigh for
takeoff.

As he took his seat at the reins he noticed the FAA inspector sat down
beside him with a shotgun. Somewhat alarmed Santa asked him why he
carried a
shotgun! The FAA inspector turned to Santa and, after a moment's
hesitation,
said

"Well, what the heck. I'm really not supposed to tell you this ahead of
time
but you're going to lose one on takeoff!"