Old June 2nd 04, 04:18 PM
Peter R.

Michelle P ) wrote:

. Having some weather equipment is a great help.

And don't forget the excellent resources at Flight Watch or Flight Service
(if flying in the US). Within minutes of leveling off, I am in the habit
of contacting Flight Watch/Service for updates on all cell activity that
may impact my route and for recommended deviations.

Back on ATC frequency, I note deviation requests of other aircraft who have
onboard radar and to ATC reroute clearances. This is also helpful in
understanding where the current weather is. If the frequency is not too
busy, I ask ATC if aircraft ahead of me are deviating.

--
Peter