Old January 4th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Mark Hansen

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

On 01/04/07 05:10, Sam Spade wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

I fly a mixture of VFR and IFR on the Baron, and mostly IFR on the
737. I also use VATSIM, the leading virtual flight network, so that I
can interact with other human pilots and controllers by radio, rather
than just interact with the computer-generated stuff provided by MSFS
when it is in offline mode.

All in all, the realism is striking, and much better than some
detractors like to believe.

I don't think you understand the aerodynamics of the real world. MSFS
has great scenery but the aircraft and the atmosphere modeling are
terribly wrong in MSFS.

But of course, the marketing literature for the simulator product and
it's add-ons claim that it is realistic, so the simulator must be
correct. If there are perceived differences, it must be that the real
pilots aren't interpreting reality correctly.

;-\