Old February 18th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Doug Vetter

Default annual - hartzell AD

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Yea, sounds like in your case the new hub is the way to go. Send your
old blades in and have them attach them to the new hub. I believe they
are required by the FAA to reoverhaul the blades again but it
shouldn't be a big deal.

My prop shop only said that as long as the blades are within TBO (flight
and calendar time), all they'd have to do is a reseal.

I know that some people who live in the South have gotten really good
deals on the eddie inspection and will just do that. I live in
California and pay up to $400 each time so its a no-brainer to dump
the old hub.

Total costs for us will be around $350 (including flight time out
there), but it still makes sense for us to get another 5 years or so out
of things as they are. By that time it will either be someone else's
problem or it will be ready for another overhaul.

Who knows...next year we might change our mind, but for now it's
inspections for us.

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI