Old February 4th 18, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default A Question for ClearNav Users ...

Seriously, why would you not want the added features of the XC license?Â*
If you're only going to hang out over the airport, there's not much need
for a thermal assistant.Â* Not a criticism, but a genuine question.

On 2/4/2018 8:20 AM, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Sheesh. I really need to proof read better. Lets try this again...

========================

I do like the CN digital display (which replaced my CN analog vario) and the thermal assistant is great. Yes, it does work with the same ADC used with the analog vario.

That being said you have to pay not only for the CN digital display itself (~$550) but also an additional ~$600 (!) for the XC license. Ouch. Except for the thermal assistant I didn't really need any of the additional XC functionality* but, unless things have changed in the past year, the XC license is required to get the coveted assistant.

Sure wish that CN would bundle this differently.

- John OHM Ω

* XC License Functionality Adds

Secure GPS flight recorder to the highest IGC approval level
Thermal Assistant (LCD version only)
Cambridge Dataport
ClearNav MFD Support
Task Management