Old July 8th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Gordon[_1_]

Default Top Gun CUNNINGHAM: I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office.

Morgans wrote:
"Gordon" wrote

My history with him is negative but most of our former military
pilots on staff were quite stout supporters of him, until his great "I
have sinned against yooooouuuuu!" speech. Now, its impossible to find
someone that isn't disgusted with him.

Care to give us a little insight on what the "I have sinned against
yooooouuuuu!" speech is all about?

Cunningham's tearful mea culpa reminded me of an earlier, equally
unconvincing speech by disgraced Pastor Jimmy Swaggart, who used that
time worn phrase in front of the tv cameras. Go in front of your
constituents, grab the microphone, cry like a baby and try to convince
the faithful that you really are _sorry_ .... for getting caught!

v/r
Gordon