Old August 22nd 18, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default ASW 27 wing tip wheels

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 9:52:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Does anyone have experience with wing tip wheels on an ASW 27 ?

I am thinking about installing wing tip wheels on my ASW 27 (actually about 6-9 inches inboard of the wing tip). I was wondering if anyone has done this and how did it work for them. Did it change the handling characteristics? I am willing to accept a small decrease in performance (I expect it to be too small to notice).

I've seen some custom wheels built on to the existing tip skids, two varieties.
The "Walter Quitt" wheels that Rex Mayes put on my 29 are great. Don't seem to do anything to performance, but help with ground handling. Williams Soaring Center sell the kit for I think $175 a pair.
Just uploaded a photo to the "Miscellaneous" photo album of the ASW27 Yahoo group (group link below).
Jim