Old September 5th 17, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default XCSoar With LNAV?

Hello Jean,

I did something similar using a Cambridge 302 and a Dell Streak 5
running XCSoar.Â* I used the serial output of the 302 to drive a K6BT
serial to bluetooth converter and connected to the Streak via bluetooth.

I now have a much more complex system in my Stemme:

PowerFLARM portable and ClearNav variometer connected to serial
splitters, one output of each splitter feeds a ClearNav II flight
computer while the other output of each feeds a serial to bluetooth
converter.Â* The Dell Streak is capable of paring with multiple bluetooth
sources and I have one input configured to read the variometer data and
another configured to read the FLARM data.

Note that there are many options for serial to bluetooth converters that
are considerably less expensive than the K6BT but I've had the K6
devices long before I learned of the less expensive options.

Good luck with your efforts and feel free to contact me offline if you
have any other questions.

Regards,
Dan

On 9/5/2017 4:52 AM, Jean dup wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a new system in my ship which consists of the following:
LX 160, Nano 4, Samsung Tab running XCSoar.
I would like to use the XCSoar as my PFD and would like to have the Nano GPS and Baro data on it as well as the LX160 Airspeed and TE.

Is this possible and how would the arrangement be?

Thanks a lot
Jean du Plessis

--
Dan, 5J