Old January 9th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Oshkosh Lodging

wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has Oshkosh lodging recommendations for the
26th to the 30th. This will be my 6th Oshkosh, but the first time I'll
be able to fly into the show. All previous times we have commuted from
Madison after flying in there due to relatives in that part of the
state.

I know the air conditioned dorms are sold out and I'll be calling on
the other ones tomorrow, but I'm interested to find out if there are
any other options that have transportation available to and from the
show.

I know I'm late in booking this, but I didn't know I'd be an aircraft
owner until recently so I missed out on booking last Summer.

Camping is probably out of the question, but I'm open to all other
lodging ideas.

IMO you're missing out on a lot by ruling out camping, but OK, to each his own.

Call the Housing Hotline, the phone number is on the airventure.org web page.
Among other possibilities, they have listings of private homes that are willing
to take on roomers for the duration of the show. Some of them will say that they
can provide transportation, or that they are only xx blocks from a bus line, etc.

Also, though I can't swear to it, I think there are always no-shows in the dorms
and you can get a room in the dorm without a reservation if you're willing to
take a chance.

Dave