Old October 7th 04, 03:12 AM
Peter Duniho

"Aviv Hod" wrote in message
[...] I can't imagine that a small, discrete amount of mercury could do
much damage beyond a small area, but if it's a critical area, oh boy....

Even if the chemical reaction occurred as described (and it sure seems a
little outlandish to me), I think the difficulty in obtaining mercury paste,
along with the difficulty in gaining access to any "critical area" of the
airplane would preclude there being any real threat.

The access to a "critical area" in particular is a major impediment, even
for light GA airplanes, never might transport category aircraft.

Pete