Old July 16th 03, 10:50 PM
Toks Desalu

Tim-
From my experience, anideppressants/anxiety medications do not mix with
flying, no question about it. There is no other way around it. Actually,
there is one other way but, it is against the regulation. So, I wouldn't do
that if I were you. If a pilot has current 3rd class medical, and then
begins taking antidepressants, you are required to void your certificate
VOLUNTARILY according to FAA regulation. To re-obtain your certificate, you
would require a six-month evaluation without a medication. A Letter must be
written to FAA by your psychologist. FAA will approve it and you are free to
soar!

Toks
PP-ASEL