Old May 24th 04, 04:55 AM
Arnie

"Jim" wrote in message
copied from http://www.ssa.org/contests/

15 Meter Nationals
Report for 23 May
(report by John Good)

This is a hard report to write. A huge number of people were

involved
in an enormous search and rescue effort that began at 6:30pm yesterday,

and
continued without interruption until well after noon today. But we were

not
able to produce the result we so earnestly sought. Peter Masak crashed in

heavily wooded area on the east side of Tussey Mountain, a few miles south
of the village of Alexandria at about 4:30 yesterday. Rescuers finally
reached him at around 10:00am today. The crash was not survivable - his
glider was destroyed and he was killed on impact.

Terribly saddened by these news, I share the pain.

Is it possible to tell us what happened ? (Out landing, collision,
incapacitation, thunderstorm)