Old September 18th 03, 04:45 AM
Snowbird

"Roger Long" om wrote in message ...
I was holding at a taxiway intersection for a flight school plane today.
The 152 hesitated and then started to turn right towards me. The tower
called up and said "# # X, that's a LEFT turn."

"We're having some trouble with our left brake so we're going to do a 360
around to the right."

Since when does a C152 need to be steered with the brakes?

If they meant, the left brake was stuck and not releasing, heh,
well, I've seen a plane lose a tire on roll-out because the
brake wouldn't release. The pilot was on-the-ball and the
plane stayed on the runway, but it sounds a bit much to
expect of a student pilot.

Cheers,
Sydney