Old April 25th 04, 07:05 PM
Bryan

I have need been able to find any real specs on this engine except that it
has an aluminum black with steel reinforcement and sleeves. Should be light
for the available power. Might be able to go without gear reduction just
using a prop shaft with thrust bearings coupled directly to the crank or
flywheel.

"Pete Schaefer" wrote in message
What's the continuous rated power? Peak power numbers are meaningless for
aircraft.

"Bryan" wrote in message
Has anyone been able to find the weight on the VW V10 diesel engine?

This
engine produces 550 lb/ft of torque at 2000 rpm and 310 hp at 3750 rpm.
Sounds like a great candidate for aircraft to me.

---