Old October 22nd 03, 10:31 PM
kallijaa

"Angus Lepper" wrote in message
Em. Quick question. The default flight thing sounds easier to me, but say
if I:

Get the default flight (Cessna Meigs, active runway etc)
And shut down the engines, and save that as the default,

I then set up a flight with say, the MelJet 777 at KORD with my own

weather
etc, will the engines not start up with the flight? Or will I get the

wanted
effect of a cold aircraft?

Angus

I've had it work both ways and so I don't presume any condition prior to
saving a flight (well, actually I have done and regretted later when I had
to do it over). When you select a different aircraft, you should set
everything related to that aircraft to your standards before saving. In
other words, make sure the engines are shut down before you save your new
flight if you want them DOA. Since your probably going to go through a set
up before saving anyway, killing the engines would just be a step in the
process. Don't you just love checklists? I'm really not all that fond of
them, unless they're nicely leather-bound.

Do you think that we should pray for Microsoft to include a realism setting
that requires a full walk-around inspection before climbing into the
cockpit? They could have hidden airframe discrepancies that a pilot would
have to discover before flying, else be penalized with a greatly increased
risk of crashing and burning. After that, we could ask for a virtual air
terminal interior complete with all amenities, including a lounge where the
crew could have a few belts before going to work (of course we shouldn't
want to overdo that).

Kalijaa