Old September 22nd 05, 01:50 PM

rotor&amp wrote:
i'm looking for some input on the F28A. i would like to hear from
operators and owners of the good, the bad, and the ugly of this model.

** I operated one of these in the late 70's. Bought it in the Chicago
area and ferried it to CA. With two on board, lite fuel it would not
hover IGE at 4,000msl (can't recall the DA). Had to do a surprise run
on landing for fuel at Carlsbad NM. That forewarned me when I landed at
El Paso and I again had to do a run on. Ended up sending my pax home
commercial.
I don't recall anything particularly unfavorable about the machine
aside from the AD's and keeping it out of freezing rain conditions. I
did some dual with it as a CFI and the boss eventually sold it when he
got rid of the aviation department.
The buyers took some dual with me and used it to commute in the Santa
Barbara area. One of them crashed it with some kind of fuel failure and
auto'd into a low brick wall.
Did some factory instruction with them and same feelings as noted.
please no war stories or uneducated assumptions made by someone who's
never been in or around this model.

fwiw, i own a F280C already.

--
rotor&wing