Old January 30th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default CRQ pilots..

wrote:
For those who don't know CRQ, it is a single runway but it had over
200,000 operations last year. I've seen weekends when the pattern had
more than 12 aircraft in it, with 5 more ready to go. I've also seen days
where the tower just says, "we are full do not enter my airspace come
back in 15 minutes."

I don't want the weekend controller to be tired.
We've already had one CRQ midair we don't need another one.

I'm not sure what we should do about this, but wrting some letters to the
FAA? or to ?

It's been worse since the ILS died because the Jets used to always use
the ILS, last night on the radio I heard G-IV on left base for 24,

Paul

Paul,

I have not flown out of Palomar for several months, but I have also heard
the "come back in 15 minutes" several times. I have never seen a G-4 on
left base for 24. I know that is is usually quite the experience getting
in and out of CRQ.

Mike

--
Mike Flyin'8