Old June 9th 04, 08:45 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Paul J. Adam" wrote in message
In message , Kevin Brooks
writes
"Paul J. Adam" wrote in message

snip

Since you saw fit to snip most of the quotes of your own words I presented
to you to support the accuracy of the "standard playbook" characterization
of your argument, it is obvious there is little reason to continue showing
you where your own words do indeed repeatedly convey that thought; it also
points to the fact that continuing this discussion any further is a waste of
effort, since you will just snip those items that prove your basic
dishonesty. But...

Then you had
the unmitigated gall to come back in this thread and claim you *never*
attributed that paraphrase directly to me--

No, I didn't. Where did I claim you said it? Remember, if it's a quote
then it's traceable.

""It's not about the WMD". I can only go by what you say, Kevin...Your
claiming they were irrelevant was
something of a hint." Your meaning was quite clear, and your subsequent
"apology" did not really address your misstep. The fact that you *continue*
to claim yopu never did this is just topping on top of the cake.

snip

See where these baseless claims have been addressed earlier in this

missive.
Now, again--you asked, "Which post of yours did I attribute it to? Where

did
I say that the words in those inverted commas were yours and yours

alone?" I
gave you your answer, also in your own words.

And proved conclusively that you're attributing statements to me that I
never made.

So you are now saying that the Google record of your 18 May statement,
""It's not
about the WMD". I can only go by what you say, Kevin...Your claiming they
were irrelevant was
something of a hint" was not your words. Fine. Some nefarious fellow intent
upon defaming your name must have jumped in and made that statement.

snip

And, getting to the root of the matter, and about the only thing left to be
determined, as it is apparent that continual verbal discourse is a wasted
effort...

In my
experience, a fellow like you who has to resort to repeatedly lying in

order
to try and cover his own missteps, usually is the sort who lacks the

courage
for such encounters--but you are welcome to prove otherwise.

If you want to put it like that?

Fort Widley courtyard, dawn, Saturday 19 June.

Gauntlet's down.

I said when you are in the area; I have never been to the UK, and don't

see
any chance of going.

Oh, how *marvellously* convenient for you.

I told you where this would have to occur up front--odd how you then
lieterally *jumped* at the opportunity of making your invitation one that
you already knew was beyond my reach. Gosh, how gutsy you are!

You, OTOH have indicated that you make periodic visits
to the DC area, right?

No, but I was on holiday there in 2000.

I'll be in New York on the 5th of July, though.

That is close enough for me--I am more than willing
to do a little drivetime if it makes you happy. Seriously. I believe that
makes it "put up or shut up" time to you, does it not?

Certainly does. Shall I see you on the 5th? And will it be swords or
pistols?

As I said before, anytime--and I mean *anytime*, you screw up the courage
and can get to the DC environs, let me know. You are the fellow who
introduced this invitation--so I am assuming you will be quite happy to
drive down for the show...unless you maybe lack the moral fibre to actually
follow through?

snip

Meanwhile, the challenge is open if you choose to meet it. Will you

back
your claims, or withdraw them? (Or will you make a weak excuse?)

Already have backed them; you are the only one who has provided zero
evidence.

No, Kevin. I offered you a challenge and you immediately claimed that
you couldn't meet it but had terrible travel constraints.

LOL! Yeah, right... sure. The response to your initial invite stands.

Still, I'll meet you in New York on the 5th if you prefer.

You are, on Saturday 19th.

Come on, run to me baby. Anytime, just let me know when.

July 5th. I'll pass more details as I have them.

So you are not willing to follow through on your initial invite. Figures.
But hey, as I said when you first brought this up, if you make it to the DC
environs, let me know--only takes me an hour or two to get there.

You sad sack of
excrement.

Yes, that *really* sums up your intellectual calibre, doesn't it?

No, it more accurately sums up your situation. Drop by anytime.

Brooks