Old March 2nd 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Interesting New Brand of Trailer

Our local trailer emporium is now carrying the SilverLite brand. I
saw one for the first time yesterday.

See http://www.silverlite.com/category.asp?id=1971

Overall I'm quite impressed. Quality of construction appears to be
excellent. Fit and finish of seams, joints, etc. was very well done.
Paint quality was top notch.

They have done something unique in the horse trailer world (at least
I've never seen it before even though I looked for something like this
a couple of years ago) and that's a "raising of the roof."

In most trailers you have a flat roof from front to back, meaning you
have to "crawl into" the goodneck bunk. These folks have raised the
roof over over the gooseneck about 24". This makes the trailer feel
much larger, allows for a skylight on the angle, and makes the whole
unit MUCH brighter.

The only "downside" I've seen is that they put the roof A/C on the
raised portion of the roof (at least on the one I saw). If I get one
I'll have it put on the lower part of the roof and use ducting to more
the air over the gooseneck bunk.

All in all it was a very well designed and well executed unit. Price
is less than a Featherlite and about on a par with Kieferbuilt. Or so
I'm told by the salesman. :-)
Bill Kambic
Haras Lucero, Kingston, TN
Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão