Old October 8th 05, 12:16 AM
Ron Garret

In article .net,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

So what would you do in the situation I described? You're at 4000 feet
on V21 going to FUL. You have not been cleared for the approach or told
to descend when you lose comm. If you go straight in you'll get to FUL
right at your filed ETA.

I answered that the first time you asked. I'd go straight in on the 020
radial.

My news server seems to have some lag. I presume this is your answer:

I'd create a fix on V21 where it crosses V25, I'd call it MCNIC. I'd make
the MEA on V21 between MCNIC and SLI 2600'. I wouldn't show it as a feeder
route, I'd make MCNIC an IAF just like ALBAS.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. As far as I know pilots
can't create fixes, and certainly not while they're in the air.

So let me be clear: if you were actually flying this route and lost comm
you'd start a descent at MCNIC. I think I'd do the same thing. But I
also think I'd technically be in violation of the FARs. Do you agree?

rg