Old July 23rd 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default Why GA is Dying

Morgans wrote:
"Emily" wrote

There you go, with your adversarial tactics. Mellow out. Keep your views,
but be pleasant about the whole thing. Honey attracts more bears than dog
sh*t.

When you're told over and over by lovers of the current regime that
you're a libertarian anarchist freak, you tend to get defensive after a
while. And besides that, I'm not here to impress anyone.

Or when the cop said something in the airport., instead of attacking, you
could have said, "I love airplanes, and am a pilot, and think that airplanes
are the most beautiful things in the world, so I just need to capture the
beauty." I'll bet he would have said, "Oh, OK."and walked onward.

This was outside at the airport, actually. My point is, I'm not going
to explain myself when I'm not required to. I want the government out
of my life, and yes, that includes a random cop at the airport. I live
my life on the right side of the law, and I get rather annoyed when
someone suggests that I'm not.

People react to attack by asserting their own authority. He had to make a
stand against you. You gave him absolutely no way out of the corner.

I don't know about that, since he just drove off without saying anything
else. And since no one's come knocking at my door, I'm going to say
that's the end of the story.