Old July 23rd 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Why GA is Dying

The proper answer is always simple, "I like airplanes, I fly
them for a living, I teach people to fly and I'm trying to
promote aviation."

Cops always respond better to a polite answer. If you are
asked for ID, the law in most places requires that you
identify yourself in a secure area and often in any public
setting. If you are with your car or have bags, and are
asked if they can look inside, the proper answer is, 'My
lawyer has advised me to always decline, on principle."
That goes over better than , "Do you have a warrant
[challenge to authority]." If I had a rental car, I would
NEVER volunteer for a search because you don't know what is
hidden in the wheels, fenders and under the seats.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
| Dudley Henriques wrote:
| "Emily" wrote in message
| . ..
|
| That security officer has every right to
| approach you in a reasonable manner and ask you to
explain what you are
| doing.
|
| Of course he does. And I have every right to refuse to
explain myself.

| You can think I'm anti-authority if you like, but my
retired military
| officer parents agree with my anti-authority streak, so
your opinions