Old November 27th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brad[_1_]

Default Did I violate an FAR?

Sam Spade wrote:

You should file a NASA Aviation Safety Report on this. In that way you
have immunity from any possible (unlikely) enforcement action and, more
important, the ATC tapes will be reviewed and the situation corrected.

I agree that there's never anything wrong with filing an ASRS report,
but how likely is it that this specific incident will be reviewed and
that the tapes will be listened to? As I understand, the "tapes" are
only stored for a short time frame. Do the ASRS folks forward the
report to the local FSDO? Does this happen quick enough for the tapes
to still exist? Certainly the ASRS researchers don't have the manpower
to investigate and follow-up on every incident.