Old July 1st 03, 07:47 AM
Urban Fredriksson

In article ,
Bill Silvey wrote:

Cool stuff. I wonder if it will also replace Brimstone, the British
Hellfire they've had problems* with.

I don't think so, because it only looks like a Hellfire.
But since the article mentiones Hornets, I think it's a
given the US won't buy Brimstone.

*due to missile exhaust debris striking the vertical stabilizer during
launch.

And I've not heard of any launch problems with it. Which
aircraft type is this supposed to have happened on?

(Are you perhaps thinking of the Air to Air Starstreak test
launch(es) from Apache helicopters? (British Apaches will
use Hellfire, not Brimstone.))

http://www.mod.uk/dpa/projects/Brimstone.htm
http://www.eurofighter.starstreak.net/common/AG/brimstone.html

--
Urban Fredriksson http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/
A king and an elephant were sitting in a bathtub. The king said, "pass