Old October 16th 03, 07:03 PM
Simon Robbins

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
You're kidding right? You want to swap stupid tourist stories? Every

nation has
them. I was walking down the main street in Hoboken NJ listening to a

German
(or Belgian or Dutch or Danish, couldn't really tell), ask his American

buddy
if Hoboken was part of New York City. Unlike you, his friend replied

politely
(pointing east across the Hudson); "that's NYC, we're still in New

Jersey". I
got a chuckle out of it, but would not have been so French as to laugh out
loud.

Like I said, don't take it too seriously, I know we've all got stupid
tourist stories. I've always been treated politely in the US and I've
always tried to be polite to any tourists here, even if they be unfortunate
enough to cross my path on a bad day. My mother works for the tourist bureau
however, and boy has she got some stories! (A common one from (some)
visiting Americans is how difficult it is for them to navigate a car around
the town and why don't they make the roads bigger? The answer she gives
them of course is that many of the buildings on either side were built over
half a millenium ago and there tended to be less cars back then!) :^)

Si