Old February 6th 04, 10:15 PM
mellstrr

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"me" wrote in message
om...
nobody wrote in message

[snip]
Both Bliar and Bush deserve to be tried for war crimes. Their invasion

of
Iraq
was just as legal as Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, or Argentina's

invasion of
the
Falklands.

[snip]

Nope. I'm no Bush apologist, but this little bit isn't correct.

Iraq
was in violation of several agreements, most importantly the one they
signed immediately after the first war, which they started.

I think that the gist of the argument is that Bush and the US had no

business
enforcing agreements made in behalf of the UN (resulting from action taken

under
the auspices of a UN resolution) when the UN itself wasn't ready to either

take
or sanction that kind of action in its behalf.

That means that we can't hide behind the UN's skirts and claim that the

devil
made us do it.

We can't hide behind the UN's skirts at all, now, remember? We told her to
go **** herself when we invaded whether she liked it or not...

mellstrr--and how come nobody wants to talk about a certain OTHER country
who has violated many "agreements" over the years?