Old February 21st 13, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Good News on Delorme InReach (2 min tracking and altitude vs.Spot w/ 10 min tracking and no altitude)

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:01:17 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:49:46 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:

I'm currently considering not renewing my Spot subscription, and

switching to the InReach.

Are Spot subscription contracts transferable to buyers of used SPOTs and if so, what is the market price? Weren't they were giving away SPOT hardware last fall?

Yep. I'm cheap. Gotta pay for tows.

Yes, they do transfer. When I bought one a few years ago the remaining year
on the contract came with it. The pricing seemed to reflect the cost of
the contract.

Matt