Old November 25th 03, 09:26 PM
Teacherjh

In my argot, faith refers to running your life and your mind as if the
hypothesis were true, often to the point of no longer being "interested in"
whether it is =actually= true or not.

Then we have a difference in argot, which is no surprise to me. What
you're describing, in my worldview, is *blind* faith.

OFTEN to the point of... , not ALWAYS to the point of...

In any case, "faith" does not come in when testing a hypothesis. In fact, it's
lack of faith that is involved, after all if you had (enough) faith, you
wouldn't need to test it. So the original statement (maybe not yours) still
doens't ring for me - that testing a hypothesis is an act of faith, blind or
otherwise.

Jose