Old October 31st 05, 07:56 PM
Scott Moore

Default Well, I flunked my medical, now what ?

Great, I flunked my medical.

Actually, this came close to happening 4 years ago. I tested bad on
blood sugar (I don't know if that means too high or too low). Last time,
I passed it after taking a new blood test after fasting. This time,
the (12 hour) fast didn't help. Last time, I got advised to loose 20lbs
to clear it up, I did, it did, and I have maintained that weight since,
although clearly it didn't help.

So now, official notice is headed for Oklahoma, and now I get to have
extra hassle passing my medical forever. I'm losing another 20lbs, which
I suspect will fix the "issue" again.

How do I get my license back quickly (as possible) ? I have an airplane
that is now a brick. Tell you what, I don't really give a damm if I have
type 2 diabetes. I'm old, something is bound to get me sooner or later.
I care about not being able to fly, that is a definite drop in life
quality.

Anyone been through this ?