Old August 14th 08, 07:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar (01/35)

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:22:43 +1000, "Gary R. Schmidt"
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:29:38 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"jc" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:38:20 GMT, "Alan Erskine"

wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby
about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like
without all
the whining and complaining?
Yes, it is too much to ask. As I suggested, servers have limited capacity;
putting up as much data as J3 did at one time might exclude other's posts.

No servers I know of have limited capacity.

For Binaries??? Often those who carry them limit the space and/or
retention time of them, some as low as 24 hours, but most are around 5
or 10 days.

Some of the commercial Usenet operations, e.g. OctaNews, carry them for
a lot longer, 3 months or so.

Yes, it's usually a time limit, spread across ALL binary groups. J3's
posts is nothing compared with all the trafffic in every binary group
on the server.

It's not what you wear. It's how you take it off.