Old September 17th 09, 10:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

Default Runway incursions

On Sep 16, 2:37*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

* I know that at a towered airport, you must have a clearance before you may operate on the taxiway. I don't think anyone is trying to
dispute that. But I think the two conversations are focusing on different aspects of the issue, which is causing some confusion.

"Also, an airplane at a controlled airport that entered a taxiway
onto which it had not been cleared would also be considered a runway
incursion." http://www.genebenson.com/Articles/r...rsions_new.htm

You can find an FAA definition for "runway incursion," but, I bet you
can't find an official definition for "taxiway incursion."

I was just reporting what the FAA rep told me and what happened.I have
no interest in changing those facts for the purpose of argument. The
FAA representative told me that runway incursions had been reported,
and I choose to believe him (and the source I quoted above) over
somebody like McNicoll, who accuses me of being "long on ego and short
on knowledge," when Mr. McNicoll Wasn't Even There. 'Cause now he's
tossing personal insults, so, there's no point in arguing with him
further. We've all had enough of that nonsense.

If anybody thinks the FAA is incorrect, I challenge that person call
'em and correct 'em personally instead of expecting me to do it for
them. It's their argument, they can make it.

-c