Old April 16th 04, 10:52 AM
B2431

From: (BUFDRVR)
Date: 4/15/2004 4:55 PM Central Daylight Time
http://www.au.af.mil/au/afhra/wwwroo...ges/0002bw.php

Tex

Thanks Tex. Now the big question. How in God's name do you wear something on
your left sleeve 5-6 days a week for 4+ years and find yourself unable to
accurately describe it?

BUFDRVR

Simple, you tend to tune it out after awhile and most people simply don't
notice. I used to wear a TAC patch with the sword in the wrong direction and no
one noticed. Right now I couldn't tell you which way its supposed to go without
looking it up.

There were several unauthorized SAC patches that were popular: mailed fist
making the one finger salute, holding a scrotum, marijuana leaves etc. I think
I may have seen one where "Strategic Air Command" was replaced by "SACumsized."

Over seas flight crew name tags were quite creative. I knew a Capt. Tomato at
Hahn AB whose name tag read "Rotten" where his name should have been, and that
was one of the few clean ones.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired