Old August 4th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Default Missing flight plans

B A R R Y wrote:
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:48:10 GMT, A Lieberma
wrote:

With VFR flight following, it
is on a work load basis, and if I was upstairs for a couple of hours, I
want to be assured that I don't get dropped from the system.

Just on this one point, have you ever been denied VFR flight
following?

The controllers I've met have told me that they LIKE it when we're
talking to them.

Thanks!

I've been denied flight following on a number of occasions. I do keep an
appropriate ATC frequency in the radio most of the time even if I am not
getting flight following. I also keep 121.5 on comm 2 at all times. I
was quite impressed with the the response we heard when the cub called
MayDay over the lake on the way back from OSH. The controllers had him
on the scope in seconds and assured him they had him. The response from
ATC rescued the passenger although it was too late for the pilot, rest
his soul.

Margy