Old August 23rd 11, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default SAFETY ALERT

On Aug 22, 8:33*pm, Ramy wrote:
On Aug 22, 5:19*pm, Cookie wrote:

On Aug 22, 9:44*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

OK Cookie, you don't like my Safety Alert idea. What actions would you
take to counter the recent rash of soaring accidents?
JJ

Well I can't counter the recent rash of accidents because they have
already happened......unless I get a time machine.

But I can point out actions to prevent pilots form repeting those
errors. *Most pilots are already doing preventitive measures, which is
simply a part of being a pilot and taking responsibility.

So lets take the recent incidents one by one, starting with the "low
pass" incident.

Solution: Don't do low passes!

JJ, that is the short answer and sums it up....and insures 100%
accident free due to low passes.....

If you don't understand this answer....I can give you the long version
if you wish. *Or we *can move on the another incident...

Cookie

Cookie, isn't this exactly what JJ was suggesting?? Reminding people
the dangers of low pass so they will avoid doing this?
Same goes for the rudder signal, low rope break etc. Remind people the
risks and consequences so hopefully someone else will avoid the same
mistake. There are still many pilots out there who live under a rock
and believe that soaring is safer than driving to the airport.
The SSF and the rest of us should discuss accidents so we all try to
learn something and remind ourself of the many ways we can kill
ourself.

Ramy- Hide quoted text -

Ramy do you really need "reminding" to realize that low passes are
dangerous?

So a guy gets killed doing a low pass....Do you need the SSA, FAA,
NTSB, and whoever else to tell you "Don't do that".

I mean really, we are supposedly trained, experienced pilots..with
some degree of intellegence and common sense.

Cookie