Old March 26th 04, 05:03 AM
Grantland

Andrew Chaplin burbled:

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

If we were to be bound by a Constitutional Amendment to balance the
budget every year, we would be left unable to respond to exceptional
circumstances such as 9/11.

Any such amendment would be extreemly deflationary.

Flat-out ruinous, frankly, and therefore foolish. Balanced budgets are
a good idea, but not everything that affects spending requirements is
in the government's control, so they need the flexibility -- the
borrowing power -- to deal with the things that are not.
--

Seven Trillion and rising, RETARD. $Seven $Trillion and rising fast.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Grantland