Old September 1st 04, 04:02 PM
Red Rider

I have been watching this thread since it started. In fact I have checked
this newsgroup daily since about the time it got started, but I haven't post
much in the last couple of year, because it is very very seldom about
anything that has the least to do with naval aviation.

I don't think much of the thread, no matter who supports what, or whichever
side they support. However there is one thing I would like to add, and that
is this.

Pechs you said 'F-102's were the aircraft least likely to go to SE Asia'.
Wrong. They (and F-104's were in fact deployed to SE Asia to support
operations during the Vietnam conflict (War, Firex, TrainEx or whatever you
want to call it). And one F-102 was shot down by a MiG. This loss to a MiG
wasn't a maybe, or we think. It was a loss to a MiG confirmed by the USAF.
There were also a few (not many, but a few) reserve/guard units or
detachments, that did go over there also.

As for the rest of this thread, it doesn't mean sh*t. The Vietnam war is
long over and done with. We already had a self-confessed draft-dodger, and
liar, serve two terms as President. Incidentally he was also a
self-confessed womanizer, and not the first president who was, he just got
caught. Heck he wasn't even the first president to be caught lying.

Actually I don't have much use for those that weren't there, or in danger of
going there, making any kind of judgments about Vietnam one way or the
other.