Old March 30th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.products
Bubba[_2_]

Default Vertical Card Compass?

I am trying to find parts for my Hamilton Vertical Card Compass. I bought
the thing, Model HI 350, serial no. 274, for my flying machine in 1982 from
Hamilton Instruments Inc Since then, Hamilton has gone out of business.

Instead of a normal whisley compass, this thing has a rotating vertical
compass card that looks like a directional gyro, but only 2 1/4 inches in
diameter. It is very steady and does not jump around like the normal
compass in turbulence. In order to make it swing, I had to buy a remote
sending unit or transmitter, and mount it in the wing. Works great.

I would like to purchase a new remote sending unit and the required 20'
cable for the new set of wings I am building, but I am having no luck
finding where to look.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I should look or who I should call?

TIA