Old December 14th 20, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Covid Vaccine And Glider Events ?

On 12/14/20 4:01 PM, wrote:
As the distribution of the vaccine begins what will be the impact on the soaring community and events such as contest and club activity. I for one will be very happy to get the vaccine, I will roll the dice and look at the benefits vs the uncertainty. Would you be more prone to attend an event knowing those attending were vaccinated? Should events require that participants require vaccinations prior to participation? Bob

The FAA recently stated that pilots and controllers can take the
vaccine. The only restriction is to self ground for 48 hours after
receiving the shot. The FAA is hard to convince so I would take that as
a good sign.

--
Dan
5J